List of Epic Shit in 2016
That’s the name of the file on my MacBook desktop – List of Epic Shit in 2016.
The list began mid-year after I realized some pretty amazing things had happened and it seemed necessary to draft a document so I could reminisce on the lessons, laughs and adventures. Sort of like a reverse Bucket List!
Here are my top 10 accomplishments (aka: epic shit) from 2016 in no particular order:
- Became a certified life and weight coach. To be honest, this actually made up about half of the list! It certainly was a LONG process but one that I’m very proud of.
- Went on vacation for the first time without my work laptop. HUGE DEAL.
- Became an Aunt for the second time and a Godmother for the first time – rocking both of these very important jobs if I do say-so myself.
- Was named VP Elect for the Junior League of Collin County Communications Council. I’ve been a member of four different Leagues over the course of my 12-year membership, however, with all my moving around I never got to the highest level of leadership because, well, I always moved! Apparently I’m in North Texas for at least another year.
- Launched my coaching website. Holy shit this was a lot of work but can I tell you – the second I saw it on the screen, it was all worth it.
- Went skiing. Like for real! Anyone who knows me well knows that I am not a fan of cold weather or snow – blame that on growing up in the freezing cold tundra of South Dakota. There’s really wasn’t anything fun about winter when you live there. Add to this my only skiing “experience” in grade school, which was seriously a horrific day (I’ve never been so cold, in so much pain and so pissed off in my life), and you get a woman who vowed never to ski again. I kept that promise for almost 30 years. But when somebody talks you into a trip to the mountains and you agree (with significant hesitation and a lot of questions) forgoodnesssakes TAKE THE LESSONS! It really is pretty awesome. Side Note: make sure your boots fit correctly… just trust me.
- Moved on the coldest day of the year, without a freight elevator, the week of Christmas. Super fun – said no one ever.
- Poured my heart and soul into the final year of the Don’t Die of Doubt program. I attended nearly 100 events, educated thousands of people about the signs of a heart attack and taught them how to do hands-only CPR. Perhaps more importantly, this work has been the single most impactful work of my career and I am forever grateful to the men and women whom I was fortunate enough to work alongside of during the process. The heart of my unforgettable partners who care for people in our communities on a daily basis is truly inspiring.
- Changed my name back to Anderson. My divorce was one carried out with a great deal of grace and respect so it didn’t seem necessary when everything was finalized but after I decided to start a coaching business it was important to brand myself as just that, myself. In hindsight, I wish I’d done it as part of the legal documents to begin with – total pain in the ass.
- I’m smarter, stronger, kinder, and more brave than I’ve ever been before. I love the women I’ve become – I’ve worked damn hard to get here! In fact, I became the person I’d want to fall in love with. That’s pretty epic.
Tell me what your most epic shit for 2016 has been!